Rah's Unlog Me
Exclude set of IP addresses from Textpattern’s visitor logs. Can automatically filter out your own hits, site authors and hits made by nasty bots. The plugin adds easy-to-use logging options to Textpattern’s Preferences panel.
A cup of coffee
List of features
- Exclude list of IPs from visitor logs.
- Automatically strip site editors’ visits from logs.
- Integrates well with Textpattern’s native user-interface.
Rah_unlog_me’s minimum requirements:
- Textpattern 4.2.0 or newer.
- PHP 5 or newer.
Rah_unlog_me’s installation follows the standard plugin installation steps.
- Download the plugin installation code.
- Copy and paste the installation code into the Install plugin box of your Textpattern Plugin pane.
- Run the automated setup.
- After the setup is done, activate the plugin. Done.
After installation, you can find rah_unlog_me’s settings from Textpattern’s Preferences panel, next to other logging related options.
Rah_unlog_me will add couple new settings to Textpattern’s Preferences panel. These include an option to automatically exclude admins from logs and a field to define a list of additional IPs to filter out. The settings are as follows.
Exclude site authors’ IPs from the logs?
If set to Yes, site admins’ IP addresses are removed from the visitor logs when the users logs in to Textpattern control panel.
Additional IPs to exclude from the logs (comma-separated)
The second option of rah_unlog_me is a field where you can define a comma-separated (
,) list of IPs which will be excluded from the logs.
This option supports wildcards.
% matches any number of characters, and
_ matches exactly one character. With the wildcards it’s easy to exclude whole address blocks. Following would exclude local devices from the visitor log:
::_%, fc00::_%, 10._%, 127._%, 172.16._%, 192.168.0._%
Version 1.4.1 – 2012/09/10
- Improved: Cleaned up the installer and the migration script.
Version 1.4 – 2012/07/11
- Changed: Moved embedded language strings to Textpacks.
- Added: Finnish translation.
- Added: Excluded IP list supports wildcard.
%matches zero or more characters and
_exactly one character.
- Now requires PHP5 or newer.
Version 1.3 – 2011/12/06
- Changed: Use the exact same method as Textpattern to check logged in user’s IP. Just for consistency, doesn’t really affect anything.
Version 1.2 – 2011/06/03
- Improved: Sweep pre-defined list of IPs with a single query.
Version 1.1 – 2011/03/14
- Fixed: Typo in the uninstaller. Called step from “delete” to “deleted”.
- Added: Forgotten flags.
- Added: Missing privileges for the plugins pane’s options link.
- Fixed: Typo in docs. Changed required TXP version from 4.0.7 to 4.2.0.
Version 1.0 – 2011/03/13
- Integrated plugin’s preferences to Textpattern’s native preferences pane.
- Better excluding/removing script. No longer searches IPs from the logs if it doesn’t need to; takes no action when logs are off, and removes the additional IPs from logs only when accessing the logs pane.
- Language string support.
- Now requires TXP 4.2.0 for full feature support.
Version 0.1 – 2009/05/24
- First release